Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Review: FLORENCE by Ciye Cho


by Ciye Cho 

Seventeen-year-old Florence Waverley is out of her depth. Literally. Kidnapped and taken below the waves to the mer world of Niemela, she is the ultimate gift for merman Prince Kiren: a human familiar tied to his side. But nothing is what it seems amid the beauty and danger of a dark ocean.

Every Niemelan has a role to play, from the mermaids who weave towers out of kelp to the warriors who fight sea monsters. But in trying to survive, Florence will end up in the middle of a war between the mer and the Darkness. A conflict that will push her between two brothers: Kiren, the charmer inexplicably drawn to both her and the monsters; and Rolan, the loner who has been pushing her away since the day they met. But in order to take a stand--and find out where she belongs--Florence will have to risk it all: her life, her heart... and her very soul.


Genre:  YA Fantasy
Publisher Type:  Indie
Purchase Links:  Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords
Add FLORENCE to your Goodreads TBR!
My Rating: *  *  *  *

My Review:
I really, really enjoyed reading FLORENCE.  What a fun and creative ride!  I love the world we encounter here.  The colors, the society, the unique sea environment ... it's a cornucopia for the imagination.  The story line is intriguing and I always appreciate that sense of not knowing who a character can trust.  While I like the entire cast, I do feel some could have been developed with a bit more depth, but that really didn't hurt my overall enjoyment of FLORENCE.  I am also left wondering why Florence was so invisible in her human world.  Perhaps this will be explored in the next book in the series, LUMINAIRE.  I'm super excited to see what happens to Florence and this amazing mer world she's experiencing.

Cover Art:
Such a beautiful and artistic cover!  It's a perfect fit fot what's inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment