Sunday, August 11, 2013

Release Week Review: THE APOLLO ACADEMY by Kimberly P. Chase

Not too long ago, I got a preview of the Apollo Academy cover, 
and I knew I ABSOLUTELY NEEDED to be involved.  
I not only got to share with you the cover reveal, 
but the author sent me a physical copy of the ARC!!!  
YAY!!!  I never get those!  
(Granted, if asked, I usually request an e-copy just to cut down on the author's costs)

August 6th this baby became available to the public
and today I share with you my thoughts on it.
(Hint: It's completely NOVA!  I gave it 5 stars!!!)



Genre: NA Sci-fi
Publisher Type:  Indy

Blurb:
As the heiress to Titon Technologies, eighteen-year-old Aurora Titon can have whatever she wants—clothes, expensive gadgets, anything money can buy. All she really wants is to escape her pampered, paparazzi-prone life for the stars. Becoming the first female pilot to train as an astronaut for the Apollo Academy is exactly the chance for which she has been waiting. Everything would be perfect if it weren't for her unreciprocated crush on a fellow student, the sexy astronaut bent on making her life hell, and the fact that someone keeps trying to kill her.

The first in a four book new adult science fiction series, The Apollo Academy, is an action packed story of love, discovery, and survival.


Trailer:


Add The Apollo Academy to your Goodreads TBR here!

Purchase your copy: Amazon and Barnes & Noble

My Rating:  *  *  *  *  *

My Review:
Wow!  What an incredible ride!  I adore The Apollo Academy!!!  First, there's an inventive setting.  This future world is both complex and realistic.  I love the creativity that goes into this type of setting; Chase mixes in the right amount of futuristic gadgets without slowing down the story line while really bringing this world to life.  

Within this world, Chase places completely fabulous characters.  Aurora's a very likable character that readers will connect with immediately.  There's a nice, subtle character growth that happens within her as the story unfolds.  I very much like both Zane and Sky; usually I'm quickly Team Bad Boy, but it's really quite hard to choose in this case.  Great chemistry abounds throughout this book!  My only complaint about the book, however, is that said chemistry goes from first kiss to hot 'n' heavy make-out session way too quick.

On top of all this gooey goodness, a great mystery is woven into this multidimensional story which keeps you guessing to nearly the end.  And with the set up for future books leaving me drooling, all that is left to say is: write faster, Kimberly Chase, please, please, please, with sugar on top, please!!!   

Cover Art:
One of my very favorite covers to date.  This cover grabbed me and demanded I read The Apollo Academy!  I can't wait to see what the rest of the series will look like!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment