Saturday, December 1, 2012

Release Day Review: Blue Moon by J. A. Belfield



Someone is watching the Holloway Pack, and this time, the female isn’t the target.

Life with a group of seven male werewolves worries Jem Stonehouse not one bit. She is engaged to the Alpha’s son Sean Holloway after all. So what has Jem’s territorial instincts on high alert?

The pack’s latest addition. Both of them.

None of the men think there’s a problem with the new girlfriends. Jem’s intuition tells her otherwise—that and a nagging suspicion the new females aren’t there to partake.

Jem believes they’ve joined in to take.

The question is … What?

As the eve of the blue moon draws ever closer, Jem’s running out of time to find the answer and outwit a thief of the worst possible kind.

A woman who believes she can’t lose.

Genre:  Paranormal Romance
Publisher Type:  Indie, Small Print
My Rating:  *  *  *  *  *

My Review:
It was super good to get back into the contemporary world of the Holloway Pack!  I love the historical novellas that I've ate-up over the past year, but I've been jonesing for the continuation of the Jem/Sean story.  And **fan girl squeal** it was everything I could even hope for and more!!!

Life, it seems for the Holloway pack has settled into a blissful rhythm..... well, until..... a stranger, Marianne, takes an interest in pack member, Josh.  Jem totally freaks in what seems to be a bout of ridiculous jealousy.  I just love the "realness" of Jem's behavior.  She's responding to emotions of which she's not even sure of the origin.  She makes a fool out of herself in the process, but holds onto this gut reaction, knowing somethings amiss despite everyone telling her she's wrong.  I love her tenacity and I love her idiot behavior.  She may be my long lost twin -- tee hee hee!

There is crazy suspense in Blue Moon!  I sucked this book down in two days; I just couldn't put it down!!!  I found myself holding my breathe as I read.  And I REALLY HATED Marianne!  That's the sign of a well-written antagonist!!!  I wanted to smack the b#@!% witch and cheered when Jem  did just that!

We really got to know some of the smaller characters of the Holloway Pack world.  It was great to see Jess, Jem's sister, take a larger role in this book and the magic that came with her.  Is that a romance with Ethan I see brewing?  Hmmm.....  I'm loving that possibility!  then there's a surprise character that I won't tell you about..... it's total awesomesauce though!!!!!

And the ending?!? Cliff hanger!  Now I've got to wait for book #3, Caged, due out in August!!!

Cover Art:
I love that this cover is both sexy and elegant!  It's beautiful with the monochromatic blue color scheme.  Yay for good cover art!

Stop by J. Taylor Publishing's page to see where to get your copy.
Don't forget to add the Holloway's to your Goodreads TBR!

Come back by for a special 
Christmas Eve post and Blue Moon giveaway!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much. :D

    Oh, but you don't have to wait until Caged. Resonance is out first in April. :D

    ReplyDelete