I know you're shocked.
Another awesomesauce of a giveaway?!?
Yup. That's what happens when this girl celebrates here very first year as a blogger.
It's been such an incredible journey.
I've met some incredible
bloggers, authors and readers.
I've read some incredible books.
I'm just simply incredibly blessed.
So today, I'm joined here on Known to Read with author, Faith McKay who has been so kind as to offer up an e-copy of her book, Prophecy Girl. Yay!!! This makes me crazy happy! I'm dying to read this book (Faith's so wonderful that she gave me a copy to read, too ... squeee!!!!).
So let me start by giving you the low down on Prophecy Girl, but before I let you read the synopsis, I've got to take a second to rant about how much I LOVE this cover! Look how pretty!!! I'm eager to read this girl's story even before I know what the books about. **Happy Sigh**
I love a good cover! Oh, alright, I'll get on with it now :) .........
by Faith McKay
Ever since Samantha Winthrop's mother moved them to Lacuna Valley, supposedly in search of better weather, the list of strange questions she has no answers for has been growing out of control.
Does her little sister, Violet, have the ability to make things happen just by "praying" for them? Are Sam's dreams really predicting the future? Is she destined to marry the boy she just met, and what is the mysterious orb that he's guarding? Why does she get the impression that there are dangerous creatures watching from the woods?
While Sam should be focusing on answering those questions, there is one other that makes them seem almost irrelevant: Is her mother planning on killing her and Violet?
Intrigued? I know!!!
Want your own copy??? Get it here....
Don't forget to add Prophecy Girl to your Goodreads TBR.
Let's get to know our way awesome author, Faith McKay, now....
Faith McKay writes stories about characters with real world struggles in otherworldly settings. She is the author of PROPHECY GIRL, a story where characters struggle with the idea of having a destiny. In comparison, she feels really lucky that her destiny was to struggle with comma placement and be that awkward lady who points out puns at parties.
Other things to know about Faith… She wears two different colored shoes. She is a survivor of child abuse. She has lived with chronic illness for over a decade. A lot of people don't like her because she laughs too much. It's also the reason a lot of other people do like her, so go figure. She listens to more music than people are probably supposed to. She's a nomad. The word sounds really cool, so a lot of people say it, but she actually lives in an RV with her husband and their pet bunny rabbit, Dorian Gray.
If you'd like to know more about Prophecy Girl or Faith McKay, visit her on FaithMcKay.net, Facebook, Twitter, and Goodreads.
Now here's Faith to tell you more about Prophecy Girl......
Ten Things About Prophecy Girl
It's so hard describing my novel, Prophecy Girl, to people. I want to tell them everything but no one wants to hear me go on for five hours. But then there is so much I can't tell you! Especially while trying to avoid serious spoilers.
If you've read the description for Prophecy Girl, you get a hint at things that happen in this novel. I thought it would be fun to go ahead, and while avoiding too many spoilers, tell you ten fun things about Prophecy Girl—from itty bitty details to some bigger events you'll find further into the story, here are ten facts!
- There is a pet Penguin. It's a rat.
- I called Chapter Nine my 1980's chapter.
- Chapter Eleven is my 1940s chapter.
- Despite the two facts above, there is no time travel in Prophecy Girl :)
- There is supernatural royalty in the woods, and they like to snowboard.
- The book takes place in Lacuna Valley, which is home to Liberty, a western themed tourist town.
- I did not title Prophecy Girl, my awesome husband did. By the time he finally came up with this title, it was already edited and done.
- I wrote four very different versions of both the first and last chapters.
- I don't widely advertise that there are werewolves in this book, because it's not a werewolf book and I don't want to lead people on, but the werewolves are some of my favorite characters. (Okay, I don't pick favorites, I have squishy feelings for all my characters!)
- I made up a supernatural race in this book. But I won't tell you about them, because I am fiercely anti-spoilers.
Ready to win this crazy incredible book???
Here's the Rafflecopter (oh how I love Rafflecopter!)....