Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Review: Weighted by Ciara Knight


Weighted (The Neumarian Chronicles Prequel)

The Great War of 2185 is over, but my nightmare has just begun. I am being held captive in the Queen’s ship awaiting interrogation. My only possible ally is the princess, but I’m unsure if she is really my friend or a trap set by the Queen to fool me into sharing the secret of my gift. A gift I keep hidden even from myself. It swirls inside my body begging for release, but it is the one thing the Queen can never discover. Will I have the strength to keep the secret? I’ll know the answer soon. If the stories are true about the interrogators, I’ll either be dead or a traitor to my people by morning.

Genre:  Funky blend of  dystopian, sci-fi and steampunk
 (not sure yet if this will be a YA series or not)
 ... Total Awesomesauce!!!

My Rating:  *  *  *  *  *

My Review:
One word:  intense!  More than a bit scary but not "horror" dark (this reviewer doesn't do the real dark stuff).  For such a short glimpse into the world of the Neumarian Chronicles, this book is a power punch of freaking amazingness .... okay, maybe not a word, but you get the idea.  I loved everything about this book.  It's suspenseful.  It's mysterious.  It's creative.  It has the most likable and hate-worthy characters... and we have barely met them!  42 pages and I've not stopped thinking about them since I finished this two days ago.  So my only complaint is that book 1, Escapement, isn't out yet.  It's kind of cruel to leave me hanging like this.  I want more!!!

Cover Art:
Wowie-wow-wow!!!  Love, love, love this cover!  Likely my favorite cover of 2012 to date! 

Where to get it:
Don't forget to add it to your Goodreads TBR list!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and write a review for Weighted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this. I am very new to blogging and am trying to establish myself as an author. Do you find that reviewing novels of other fellow writers and authors helps build collaboration and rapport with readers of that genre? I am an aspiring horror novelist, and I was wondering, in your opinion, should I be reviewing horror novels of other authors on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm not an author (yet, in any case), but I would definitely review books you think your target audience would enjoy (but most importantly books you'll enjoy ... blogging should be fun) and I would also get involved in groups on Goodreads that reflect your target audience's interests as well. The blogging community is very friendly and you'll find lots of folks to encourage you along you way. Good luck!!!

      Delete