Saturday, September 15, 2012

Review: Bewitched by Cambria Hebert

***This post may contain spoilers of previous books,  so if you are new to this series, 
you may wish to check out my reviews of
 Before (# 0.5) and Masquerade (#1) instead***


Release date:  October 5, 2012


For years, I accepted that Heven was more popular than me. I never liked it but I lived with it. I walked in her shadow, I stood by her when no one else would. When I finally thought her spotlight was mine things began to change. She began to change. Now she hardly ever calls me back, she spends all her time with her hot new boyfriend and everyone at school thinks she’s back on top. She had it all. But apparently she wants more. She wants Cole – my boyfriend. What’s worse is that it looks like she got him. I’ve had enough and she’s going to be sorry. Why?

Because I am bewitched.

Genre:  YA Urban Fantasy (Short Story)
Publisher Type:  Indie
My Rating:  *  *  *  * 

My Review:
This is a fabulous short story best read immediately following book #2, Charade, and reads much like a "deleted scenes" feature on a dvd.  True to form, Ms. Hebert's amazing gift for bringing characters and their surroundings to life permeates this brief glimpse into Kimber's experience with the paranormal.  The scene where Kimber experiences her powers for the first time was especially well done and I loved getting to know Kimber better; she's got personality in spades!  It rocked to finally see how her part in book #2 all played out: how she came to betray those she loved best and how she ended locked up in the dungeons of the underworld.  Though quite brief, this was a fantastic addition to the Heven & Hell series.  I will note the only thing I didn't love was the limo driver was a bit over the top to me, but other than that, this was one sweet read!!!

Way Favorite Quote:
His face was whiter than ever and his limp, lifeless body lay among white and peach roses.  I bent down, scooped up my necklace and fastened it around my neck.  "They make conditioner for hair like that," I spat then turned away.

Cover Art:
I just love the covers to this series, though I miss the gold glitter from the first few covers.  Why do I love gold glitter so much on books, I couldn't say?  I'm not really a gold glitter girl in real life, but for some reason I'm crazy for it on my book covers!  What can I say?

Be sure to stop by on October 5th 
for a special release day post with a giveaway to boot!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the fabulous review!!!!! The limo driver is my favorite character!!!! Agh!!!! Lol. But its ok he was too over the top.... I knew i should have gave him
    Pants.... He he he he!!!!
    Thank u so much for taking the time to read and review Bewitched, I feel blessed!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete