Saturday, May 26, 2012

Review: Eternal by J. A. Belfield




Release Date: July 2, 2012

An unmarried woman living in a house of men breeds heresay and lore. If only the villagers knew the truth.

It’s not Jem Stonehouse’s marital status that brings unwanted strangers to town. Rather, it’s that she is the only female werewolf in existence — a prize to any pack.

Sean Holloway, the love of Jem’s life, has gone to great lengths to protect her. As a new attack becomes imminent, Sean realizes he must take greater measures with Jem’s safety or risk losing her forever.

His first task must be to marry her, but a force greater than the largest werewolf stands in his way.

Her mother.
Publisher Type:  Indie
My Rating:  * * * * *

My Review:
I love, love, love the Holloway Pack!  They are fast becoming my all time favorite wolf pack, and that's saying something!  And now with Eternal ... wow, just wow.  This book is so full of romance and action and suspense ...yes, I know it's a novella, but still... it's got it all.

The story opens up hot and steamy.  Belfield wastes no time letting us know how passionately in love Jem and Sean are.  I love that!!!  I also love that I got more of Jem's family in this installment (Jem's mom rocks).  You really get a feel for who Jem is by knowing her family's story better.  It's perfect that this story has that great historical feel without the overwhelming details historical fiction can sometimes bestow on the reader (slowing down the action and boring us less intellectual readers).  Better yet, this story oozes romance.  Sean screws up royally and is completely clueless about it but he does a beautiful job of making up for it.  Plus the clueless thing was adorable (it's only adorable when it's not your significant other being clueless).  And the wedding! **happy sigh**  But the best part of the book was getting to see how exactly Jem and Sean came to be bound for eternity.  It was so wonderfully done. **more happy sighs**

It really made me long to re-read Darkness & Light.  I think I'll wait a few months, closer to when Blue Moon comes out in December.  I'd hate to re-read it now and then be jonesing 6 months for my next hit of Holloway.

Cover Art:
I gushed about this cover when I got to reveal it to you in January.  Click here to re-read it :)

3 comments:

  1. Bless you. You've made my day. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, did you say werewolves? How did I miss this series! Thanks for the review, it's time to go shopping. LOL darn you... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee hee! It's an awesome series and judging by what other books you read, I think you will love this one. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!!!
      Danielle

      Delete