Thursday, March 15, 2012

Review: The Curse of Gremdon by Ciara Knight



Genre:  Fantasy/Paranormal Romance
(more like a crazy mix of traditional fantasy, romance, zombie & dystopian)

Rating:  *  *  *  *  *

Goodreads Description:
In a world where marriage is forbidden, sex is only granted to male warriors, and the outer realm is full of murderous creatures, Arianna fights to protect the life of her only living relative, her brother. 


Tardon, an elite warrior, is granted anything he desires by the Elders, but finds little joy in the voluptuous women presented to him. Born for the bloodlust found only in battle, complicated emotions emerge when he discovers his equal in the alluring warrior, Arianna. 


Charged by the Elders with saving the castle from attack, Tardon and Arianna risk the curse when they traverse the vast outer realm to retrieve serum from the Tree of Life. If successful, the Elders have promised Tardon the right to marry and Arianna the cure for her brother’s death fever. Will their love carry them through or will the discovery of a great deception be their ultimate demise? 

My Review:
Amazing!  Amazing.  A-maz-ing.  Holy cow this book was good!!!  Alrighty, you probably want more of an explanation than that, huh?

So let me expound...
First, we find ourselves in an almost historical setting of castles and warriors.  Two warriors clash... a contest, thankfully, not a battle.  One is Arianna.  Yes, a woman, who's intense determination and focus has enabled her to rise in the ranks of warriors as the only woman Elite Warrior.  She fights against Tardon, who is, simply put, the best.  What we find out about these two combatants almost immediately is that they have deep, unspoken and forbidden, feelings for one another. ***chillbumps!!!***

I love how tough Arianna is, both physically and mentally.  Not so much so that she's hard to connect with, but in a way I can admire.  I love a kick-butt heroine!  She's also deeply loyal to both her people and her family and is brave despite her well-founded fears.  Tardon is a rock.  He's honorable, steady and deep and sees Arianna for the incredible woman she is.  He's an easy guy to fall for.

This book is chalk full of action.  Not wasting time setting things up before grasping you by the shirt and pulling you into the fray.  At every twist and turn, you wonder how the heck they are going to get out of each predicament.  It's hard to tell who to trust and what the truth really is.  

There's so much more I want to say about this book, but I don't do spoilers and I won't ruin this ride for you.  Just know this... castles/warriors + zombies + mysterious magic = A M A Z I N G !!! So go get this book now!!!

Cover Art:
I absolutely love this cover!!!  There's so much mystery and the pendant is gorgeous (and an important element in the story).  The atmosphere is dark and looks dangerous, which is where we find ourselves as we start this book.  Amazing!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review The Curse of Gremdon. I'm so excited that you enjoyed the books so much.

    I love your description: catles/warriors + zombies + mysterious magic = A M A Z I N G!!! :)

    BTW - I fell in love with the cover the moment I saw it. Jeanie Reausch is an amazing artist and I'm thankful Crescent Moon Press works with her.

    FYI - There is some serious swag for Gremdon being given away. If you are interested go check it out here http://www.ciaraknight.com/2012/02/21/gremdon-goodies/

    Thanks again!
    Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds intense! Your review is AMAZING. I love that it's chalk full of action, and the cover is definitely gorgeous. I would pick this up just because of the cover. I definitely want to see more about this book now. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, the book is amazing! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds awesome
    rad review

    ReplyDelete