Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Review: Hide & Seek by Aimee Laine


Due Out March 5th!!!  Check it out on the publisher's page.


Description:
Lie, cheat or steal, no one can catch Tripp Fox. Except one woman. 

Lexi Shepherd’s knack for finding whatever is asked of her isn’t sheer luck. It’s a gift from the Greek god Zeus.

That Lexi doesn’t use her ability to search for “Mr. Right” comes from one of many personal rules she has set for herself. Number one is not to let fate dictate her future.

Falling in love with Tripp breaks all the others.

Despite her principles, Lexi’s unable to stay away from the bad boy, and she finds herself toeing the grey line of the law for him.

Zeus, though, didn’t give Lexi and Tripp their talents to make their relationship a simple, easy alliance. He designed it to be exactly the opposite. Impossible. Always.

With their separation, Lexi expects Tripp to forfeit love in favor of destiny. He, on the other hand, intends to beat Zeus at his own game. With a plan in place, Tripp challenges Lexi to take the one action no one else can.

Find him.

The question isn’t can she ... but will she?

Genre:  Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy
Rating:   *  *  *  *
My Review:
The pure romance of this book has left me struggling for words.  That is not good for me as a book blogger, excellent for me as a reader, but speechless tends to make reviewing hard.

So excuse my ramblings and gushings...

Great premise!  The story of the fox and the hound conundrum  in Greek mythology was new to me.  I loved the story's set up.  I loved that their story was represented in stars.  I found this especially romantic as my husband and I (who do not have " a song") have a constellation that's special to us.  I love that when we meet Lexi, she seems very suave spy, tough girl and she isn't that at all.  Tripp isn't a guy I could respect much (just going along with an engagement out of convenience?!?) but he really grows into an amazing character.  The mystery of the story, the peripheral characters, the suspense/thriller elements are all really well done.  I especially loved the elderly couple and their role in then story.

As far as negatives, there were a few slow spots (not untypical for a romance) and Lexi's back and forth indecision gets a bit old.  I felt confused here and there, but overall things got explained.  Lexi's and Tripp's first sexual encounter wasn't very romantic (from my pov), but the crazy romantic ending to the book totally makes up for that.

This is a must, must, must read!!!

Cover Art:
Mysterious!!!  It's a good cover to get your curiosity up.  I always love when there's a bit of a clue about the story (is that a star on his neck?) and clear, crisp typeface is important.

I love a good book trailer!  Here's the one for Hide & Seek:







2 comments:

  1. Great review, this sounds really interesting. I love when books leave you speechless, even though it is difficult being a book blogger. I'm really interested to see how the story is represented in stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle! Totally forgot to come out here and say thank you! :) So ... Thank You!

    ReplyDelete