Saturday, January 21, 2012

Awards!!!

Wow!  Holy Cow!!!  I'm so excited to announce that last week I was awarded not one, but two awards!!!  How does a girl get so lucky?!?

So here they are...

The Liebster Award (“Liebster” is the German word for friend or love) originated in Germany.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to J. A. Belfield for giving me this Liebster Blog Award and saying such sweet things about me!  J. A. said, " She may be pretty new to blogging but her blog has evolved so much in such a few short week and she is an incredibly supportive person".  That made me feel really great. :)

In accepting the Liebster Blog Award, the recipient agrees to:
*Thank the person who gave them the award and link back to that person’s blog
*Copy and paste the award to their blog
*Reveal the 5 blogs they have chosen to award, commenting on their blog to break the news!
*Hope those people in turn pay it forward by accepting and awarding “The Liebster Blog Award” to bloggers they would like to honor.

The bloggers I'd like honor are:

  1. Rachel at Rai29 Book Read n Review
  2. Angel at Mermaid Vision
  3. Jenn at Writers Block
  4. Bridget at Rants n Ramblings
  5. Kindle Mom at My Guilty Obsession

Each of these bloggers have amazing blogs that show a lot of book love.  Please take time to visit these gals!!!

 **********

And I was also awarded the Versatile Blog Award from Bailey at Novel Nerd.  Bailey always has insightful reviews posted.  You should check her blog out!  Thanks so much to Bailey for this award!
So here are the rules:
*Thank and link the blogger who bestowed you the award.
*Share seven random facts about yourself.
*Spread the love by passing the award to five other bloggers, and be sure to let them know.

Alright, here are my 7 random facts about myself:
  1. I have 2 tattoos.  Both of which I've done myself.
  2. I've been trying to get back into shape (I haven't been since my youngest was born... 7 years ago) and plan on participating in October's Tough Mudder Event.
  3. I love watching cooking shows and have a lot of food knowledge, but don't cook at all myself. Luckily I have an amazingly talented husband to do that for me.  Here's his food blog:  http://larrysmiley.com/
  4. I love animals.  I've had snakes, lizards, fish, birds, hermit crabs, mice, guinea pigs, cats and dogs as pets.
  5. My 2 favorite forms of cardio are Zumba and Just Dance on the Wii.  And yes, I have trouble not dancing anytime there's music!
  6. My favorite treats are dark chocolate and red wine.
  7. I've recently bought a professional-grade silk screening kit.  My family and I hope to produce t-shirts to raise money to build wells in Africa.  One of the organizations we are working with is the Uganda Village Project.
The bloggers I wish to bestow this honor are:

  1. Michele at Just a Lil' Lost
  2. Juhina & Farah at Maji Bookshelf
  3. Jenny & Kaitlin at Books to the Sky
  4. Tiffany at Tiffany's Book Blog
  5. The gal (who likes to remain anonymous) at Small Review

Again, these are bloggers I follow via email and have great blog content.  Get to know some of these gals!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Congrats!

    Thanks for the award in return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! And congratulations on both of your well-deserved awards :D

    ReplyDelete