Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!!!


Happy New Year!!!

So as I get all reflective about the end of 2011 (this occurs briefly before much vodka drinking- tee hee hee),  I wanted to share a few of my favorite bookish things about this past year...
  1. Blogging:  I just started at the end of October, but I am loving it!  I especially love the community of other bloggers, authors and avid readers I have encountered in this journey.  I really appreciate all the friendship and support!!!  Thank you!
  2.  Great new authors:  Since getting my Kindle, I've discovered so many incredible indie authors.  These small publisher or self published authors have talent to rival those big names out there.  Some of my favorites are Cambria HebertJ. A. Belfield, Shannon DermottTammy BlackwellQuinn LoftisChristie Rich and Charlotte Abel.
  3. Discovering great series other people love:  You know, those series everyone else is talking about and you find yourself wondering what all the fuss is. My favorite I found are:  Night Huntress and Mercy Thompson.
  4. Great discoveries in websites:
                    Goodreads:  I've been on Goodreads for a few years, using it to keep track of what I read
                            & wanted to read;  only in this past year have I started joining discussion groups and
                            writing detailed reviews;  I've learned so much through the other Goodread members.
                    RazOrbill:  Great new site for social networking with other bibliophiles.
                    Twitter:  Yup, hard to believe it, but I only just startedtweeting a few days ago.  I've already
                            met so many great people!  (@knowntoread)
                     NetGalley:  Amazing site for "professional readers" aka those who review/recommend books. 
                             Reviewers sign up and can request ARCs from various publishers.  Yay!  Free books!

It's been a great year!  Looking forward to an amazing 2012!!!
Happy New Year!!!
                            

2 comments:

  1. Yes it has been a great year. I am glad you started a blog as well! Here is to lots more good books in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! 2011 was indeed a good year... especially for books. I started blogging in September and I've had a great time with it! Can't wait to see what 2012 has to bring!

    Thanks for entering my giveaway and sorry for not responding sooner- been super busy these past few days and I JUST got back to my laptop. Anyhoot, sorry you had difficulties connecting to my Facebook page, here's the link again: https://www.facebook.com/xwritersblockx

    Welcome to the blogging world and I wish you and your family a wonderful and happy new year!

    I'll be grabbing your button and following as well:)

    jenn | writer's block

    ReplyDelete